Maintaining your privacy is very important to us. You entrust us with your personal information, and we take that responsibility seriously.
What information do we collect? Your personal data
When we say your “personal data”, we mean any information that identifies any person, that you provide to us on a contact us form or newsletter sign-up form, after you subscribe, or that is contained in any other information that you provide to us (or that you authorise a third party to give to us on your behalf).
Your “personal data” may also be contained in information that we collect about you in connection with your use of the GemTec website. The financial data that you enter into GemTec Security Systems Ltd when purchasing home or commercial security, monitoring or annual maintenance contracts is held with HSBC Commercial Banking and isn’t part of the “personal data” discussed here, unless it identifies a person – for more information about your financial data, please jump to the next section. When it comes to your personal data, we comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable data protection legislation.
Information you provide – Your personal data includes the information you provide, or that you authorise someone else to provide, when you sign up for an annual maintenance contract or sign up to receive our emails, or when you answer questionnaires, surveys, enter competitions or provide information on the GemTec website. It also includes information you provide when you complete any forms which you submit to us.
We do not collect or process special categories of personal data, as defined under GDPR. GemTec Security Systems Ltd is not directed at children under the legal age to drink alcohol in the UK aged Eighteen or over. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age Eighteen without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Information we collect – We collect information about your website usage, to improve our service and to understand trends to enhance and customise content and advertisements. Some of this data may be “personal data”, where it identifies a person. Here’s the information that we collect and how we use it:
• We monitor patterns of usage, such as login dates and volumes of data, so we can understand how people are using GemTec Security Systems Ltd to develop and improve our products.
• We also monitor patterns of usage so that we can tailor any communications we may send you or advertising you may receive. For example, we may tailor your newsletter with information about product features that you haven’t tried yet, instead of features that you use frequently.
• We monitor traffic information when you visit our site or read our emails, including things like page visits, email clicks, purchases, referring sites, and video viewings. We use this information to improve our website, advertising, promotions, and to understand customer purchasing behaviour.
Information Others Provide to Us – We may receive information from others (e.g. Paypal, Stripe) that you have authorised that third party to provide to us. This could include the initial information to enable us to create your account (e.g. your full name, your email address and your business type) and also your bank transaction data.
We do not hold any financial data on you as this is information held with Paypal or Stripe, our preferred third party financial data manager.
Cookies – We may further use, or permit selected third parties to use, your personal data to enable us to track and analyse GemTec website traffic and visitor trends, improve your browsing experience and to personalise and enhance the content and advertising we display.
Legal Requirements – We may use your personal data to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
We shall periodically check that the personal data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you please email email@example.com
1. Why do we use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data for a variety of reasons. We need some data to enter into and perform our contract with you to supply an e-ticket or VIP Membership and ensure the terms of service are being met for each of these services. If you fail to provide such data we will be unable to provide our service to you.
Other information we collect because we have legitimate business interests, for example, in:
• Understanding how our customers use our products, services and websites;
• Understanding and responding to customer feedback;
• Researching and analysing the services our customers want;
• Improving our product and better understanding how our customers use it.
In some circumstances we may process your personal data because it is required for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
What are your rights?
1. Access to your personal data: You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your personal data and you may request a copy of your personal data by contacting our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
If you want to manage or disable cookies for the GemTec website or any other site, you can do it by changing your browser settings.
Security and data storage We take security and privacy seriously. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal and financial data secure once it has been transferred to our systems.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the GemTec website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please note that the internet is not a secure medium and although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the GemTec website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
What information do we collect from you?
We only collect information about you from the above form, we don't collect any other details such as IP address, browser details, visit history, etc. as we just simply don't need them.
Who do we share this information with?
No-one. Not a single person outside our organisation.
What might we do with your information?
Your information will be used only to process your request. You will not be added to any kind of mailing list by us or anyone else unless you explicitly request so.
How long do we keep your information?
We'll keep it as long as is necessary for the purposes of communication.
Can I remove the information you have about me?
Absolutely, just email us on the address at the top of our website and we'll delete all your information asap.
How do I close this window?
Just click the little x at the top right or press 'Esc'.
Easy to use, wired or wireless, an alarm is an inexpensive way to protect what is important to you, family or business
CCTV is now a cost-effective way to protect you premises, with Full HD images and remote viewing on mobile devices
From simple standalone systems to multi-door, multi-site solutions. Protecting your assets is an essential part of your security.